Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Thing 3: Blog Search Tools

Searching blogs is much like searching the web. I used Technorati to search blogs for "valentine's day kids crafts". The result was 69 blogs. I did not understand the source for ratings on authority level. Who does that?

When I used the newly debuted Google blog search for the same search I got 93,263. I particularly liked the feature that allows you to sort by date of post.

Yet another wonderful internet tool to access the infinite world of information.

2 comments:

  1. You pose a good question about rating the authority level. I don't have the answer... but wonder if the number of hits comes into play?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to say if hits comes in to play, or not. Silly me, I tend to believe everything I read. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete