Friday, March 13, 2009

Thing 13: Library Thing

I can think of so many things to do with Library Thing that it is starting to stress me out! This is a very user friendly site with countless possibilities. I very easily set up an account and began to add books to my library. It was as simple as typing the ISBN # and, wallah (however you spell that), the remaining identifying information pops up. We catalog our storytime books in excel, but Library Thing is better spot. It was interesting to see the reviews from other readers and the Library Thing recommendations of other "similar" books is useful too. The tags will come in handy for themed storytime units. Adding Library Thing to my blog took two tries...this was the first time I've added a gadget. Right now I only have 5 books in my library that we use for the Just For Babies program. As time allows, I think this would be a terrific place to inventory our program books and tag them by age and theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment