Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Thing 14: Online Productivity

I have decided to stick with iGoogle for most of my exploration so that everything is easily in one place; plus I am becoming more familiar with their format etc. Therefore my new start page is from igoogle. It is easy to use. I added it as a new tab on my "home page"; second only to The St. Johns Public Library site. I customized it with a header/footer of cartoon images of children playing on the beach...aahhh. There is a new countdown gadget on my blog as a constant reminder of the kickoff of our summer reading program and a visit from the Jacksonville Zoo.
Anxiously, I checked out and created an igoogle calendar. There would appear to be countless uses for this...children's programing, meeting room reservations, storytime themes per week etc. I can see using it for my husband's real estate business...we don't have a network so the calendar file sharing is ideal for scheduling his appointments when he switches from home computer to office computer to laptop. Very useful. As for to do lists..couldn't live without them and the online advantages are similar to that of the calendar. I plan on looking into the Backpack as a nice packaging option.

No comments:

Post a Comment