Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Thing 10: Tagging and Delicious

Well gee...I had never heard of Delicious until today. Sometimes I get alittle "click happy", so let's see if I can retrace my steps, because this is a very useful tool. I think that the applications are probably beyond what my first exploration has found, but nonetheless tagging and tag searching is quite a resouce.



First I went to the Delicious website and then I explored tags. I chose Storytime themes and got a gazillion options, some that I have used from a google search and others that were new to me. At one point I stumbled upon the Whatcom County library and their awesome Storytime theme handbook. Try this link: http://www.wcls.org/index2.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&gid=133&Itemid=214



I'll have to check with Amy at BT because I think she used some list of reference tagging to help me find some information for a patron, once upon a time. Assuming you have the time to research and tag your favorites this is yet another wonderful way to better serve our patrons.



I'm gonna choose my favorite 23 Things of NEFLIN links and tag them.

No comments:

Post a Comment