Saturday, February 21, 2009

Thing 8: Communication Web 2.0 Style

Thought I would add this photo of my gang. We went to a family reunion in New Mexico and rode this train through the beautiful mountains. I'll have to add all of my cousins as "buddies" so we can IM.

If information is what the patrons want and if they want it fast IM, texting, and conferencing is the way to go. Immediate! I have used several website chat opportunities in the past. The NE FL Board of Realtors has a wonderful technical chat site to help realtors thru problems with their database. Properly monitored this type of tool could be a useful resource for libraries. It is the way of the world.


I set up a Meebo account and had my husband and daughter (she already had one) do the same. We IM'ed from three different rooms in the house and then had a three way chat as well. I think my sister, who lives up north, and I will have alot of fun with this. Certainly when Jess goes off to college we can drive her crazy with contact!


No comments:

Post a Comment